The World Bank Vietnam Country Office is one of the biggest offices in East Asia and Pacific region (EAP) with more than 120 staff members located in Hanoi and has a large and diverse program. Country operations are decentralized with the Country Director and all Sector Coordination functions located in Hanoi. The Office in Hanoi manages a sizable portfolio of loans, credits, and trust fund grants under the overall leadership of the Country Director supported by project teams and other specialists (Country Team).
Team Assistant at this level carry out the full range of office support work, including managing processes and monitoring schedules related to their team’s/unit’s products and tasks. This position coordinate extensively with service units and liaise frequently with team members both at headquarters and in the field, as well as external counterparts. TAs also be assigned responsibility for some aspect of the unit’s administrative functions, to include translating/drafting a variety of standard documents, applying effective proofreading and grammar skills in English and other languages, etc.
The Team Assistant will be based in the World Bank’s Hanoi Office, provide supports to Country Director front office and legal team. The appointment, at grade level GB, will initially be for a two years term contract with the possibility of extension with satisfactory performance and workload demand.
Note: If the selected candidate is a current Bank Group staff member with a Regular or Open-Ended appointment, s/he will retain his/her Regular or Open-Ended appointment. All others will be offered a 2 year term appointment.
Duties and Accountabilities:
Drafts routine correspondence and proofreads materials using proper grammar, punctuation, and style. Incorporates agreed comments into documents, making full use of shared drives and software capabilities. Uses word processing or desktop publishing skills to produce complex text, reports, figures, graphs, etc., according to standard Bank formats and distribution.
Coordinates schedules taking priorities into account, monitors changes, and communicates the information to appropriate staff, inside and outside the immediate work unit, including officials outside the Bank Group.
Solves non-routine problems (e.g., responds to requests requiring file search, etc.). Assists in preparation and logistical planning for various events, e.g. conferences, workshops, negotiations, etc. In conjunction with and under guidance from staff in a specific discipline (i.e., Resource Management, etc.) monitor specific activities, (i.e., task budget, etc.) within their teams or clusters.
Tracks assigned task/project steps/timetables, coordinates with relevant staff and provides assistance and/or information on project-related matters. Maintains current distribution lists, phone/address lists of project/product contacts, and distributes documents for the team. Maintains up-to-date work unit project and other files (both paper and electronic). Assists team or work unit by translating/drafting a variety of routine documents, applying effective proofreading and grammar skills in English and other languages
1. The ideal candidate will have a BA degree with at least 5 years work experience in relevant position such as secretary, administration assistance in multi-national or international organization.
2. Ability to follow through on team priorities in the absence of the team leader and respond to requests for information.
3. Ability to adapt to changing business needs by continuous learning/training
4. Ability to produce high-quality work under pressure.
5. Committed team player with demonstrated inter-personal skills and ability to work
6. Fluent in English language, in addition to a native command of Vietnamese, with excellent communication skills both verbally and in writing, including proven skills in report-writing.
7. Strong computer/ information technology skills.
• Technology and systems knowledge – Demonstrates advanced knowledge and experience working with Microsoft office applications (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, etc.). Has ability and willingness to maintain up-to-date knowledge and skills as technology. • Project and task management – Exhibits good organizational, problem-solving skills and ability to work competently with minimal supervision. Demonstrates attention to detail and quality. Has
• Project and task management – Exhibits good organizational, problem-solving skills and ability to work competently with minimal supervision. Demonstrates attention to detail and quality. Has ability to manage multiple tasks and complete tasks within agreed schedule.
• Institutional policies, processes, and procedures – Demonstrates knowledge of own department’s programs and products, knows key players, understands own role. Displays understanding of WB policies and procedures relevant to the area of assigned responsibilities and is able to apply/ implement them.
• Versatility and adaptability – Demonstrates flexibility and is receptive to the implementation of new solutions. Is willing to stretch own capability. Demonstrates motivation to avail and adapt oneself to effecting change. • Client Orientation – Exhibits positive and professional client service attitude; is able to understand clients’ needs and complete them professionally.
• Drive for Results – Takes personal ownership and accountability to meet deadlines and achieve agreed-upon results, and has the personal organization to do so.
• Teamwork (Collaboration) and Inclusion – Collaborates with other team members and contributes productively to the team’s work and output, demonstrating respect for different points of view.
• Knowledge, Learning and Communication – Has good knowledge of official unit’s language(s). Able to write clearly, edit and proofread draft communications. Able learn and share knowledge/information across the unit.
• Business Judgment and Analytical Decision Making – Able to manage information and support retention and disposition of information and records. Can search, report, and deliver basic information from various sources and independently respond to basic inquires.