The Volunteering for International Professionals (VIP) Fellowship Programme is an initiative by the Malaysian government to create a large pool of talented professionals, who are passionate about sharing their expertise and experiences globally, as expert volunteers to contribute towards nation-building in ASEAN region.The VIP Programme is designed specifically for professionals on career breaks who wish to volunteer in South East Asia and contribute to building up the regional ecosystem of nonprofits to create more social impact.
This four-month fellowship offers the opportunity for professionals to use their expertise in addressing ASEAN’s most pressing social issues. This programme aims to evoke long-term social change in the country. In order to ensure a successful programme, each volunteer is matched to a placement within a Host Organisation in a local community where his/ her expert knowledge will have the greatest impact.
You have the opportunity to join the 3rd batch of VIP Fellows & put your experience and skills into practice to help an ASEAN nonprofit organisation amplify its impact. Based on your skillset and experience you will be assigned to a nonprofit organisation in South East Asia and spend 4-months together with 4 other international Fellows to develop and implement a social impact framework. Do you think you have what it takes?
- You’ll volunteer with ASEAN’s leading NGOs for 4 months
- Your flights & visas fully taken care of
- Your accommodation arranged for you
- You’ll even receive a monthly allowance
- Your job is to help your Host Organisation create more social impact
In order to be considered eligible to apply, you must fulfill all of the following criteria:
- You have a minimum of 3-5 years working or volunteering experience
- You have at least a Bachelor’s degree or the equivalent
- You are proficient in English (reading, writing, and speaking)
- You are able to commit full-time to the 16 week programme
- You are willing to work with low-income populations & demonstrate good interpersonal skills
- You are committed to returning to your home country upon completion of the Fellowship
Eligible Regions: Not Specified
You can request for your application form here and send it together with your CV and motivational video or letter.
Application Deadline: July 16, 2017 (11 Days Remaining)