The United Nations (UN) is an intergovernmental organization tasked to promote international co-operation and to create and maintain international order. A replacement for the ineffective League of Nations, the organization was established on 24 October 1945 after World War II in order to prevent another such conflict.
National UN Volunteers are invaluable assets to the work of the United Nations, particularly at the community level where they usher in greater ownership of programmes and projects. They are Providing opportunities to youth to change the world for the better while simultaneously honing your own skills, gaining knowledge and a better understanding of the realities of international development and peacebuilding. If you want to become one of them and the grab this excellent apply now!
In return, you will be
- Rewarded with an experience that will stay with you for the rest of your life.
- Opportunity to change the world for the better while simultaneously honing your own skills, gaining knowledge and a better understanding of the realities of international development and peacebuilding.
- UN Youth Volunteers receive a basic living allowance that allows the volunteer to live healthily and safely in the assigned area.
- If you volunteer outside of your home area, return airfare or land transport (as applicable) and some other basic costs are paid by the host agency. You will receive orientation and training before and after your assignment.
- Motivated and talented youth between the ages of 18 and 29.
(Note: you must be younger than 29 throughout the duration of your service).
- The educational background and experience required varies by assignment, but generally work experience over two years is not expected.
Eligible Regions: Open for All
- There is no general registration for UN Youth Volunteer assignments. You can only apply via advertisements for individual assignments.
- If you are 25 years of age or older and have several years of work experience in a specific area of expertise, you may want to register for the UNV Global Talent Pool.
- You may also be interested in volunteering online with their UNV Online Volunteering service.
Note: All UN Youth Volunteer assignments to volunteer abroad are advertised in UN website (under Special Calls for Volunteers). They also advertise assignments to volunteer in your country. They also advertise vacancies for youth via Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn. As these assignments go fast, encourage you to check the sources above on a regular basis. Details on qualifications and how to apply are included in the advertisement for each assignment. Most UN Youth Volunteer assignments are between six and 24 months.