I. U.S.Embassy in Hanoi recruit Translator
U.S. Mission Vietnam – U.S. Embassy in Hanoi
Vacancy Announcement Number: 2016-50
OPEN TO: All Interested Candidates/All Sources
WORK HOURS: Full-time, 40 hours/week
ANNUAL SALARY: Ordinarily Resident (OR): FSN-9; US$16,418(Starting Salary)
The U.S. Mission in Hanoi, Vietnam is seeking eligible and qualified applicant for the position of Translator in its Defense Attaché Office (DAO).
BASIC FUNCTION OF POSITION
Incumbent of this position will provide advanced formal interpretation and translation services and related program assistance to the DAO, which is the liaison with Socialist Republic of Vietnam Ministry of National Defense (MND) and other Government of Vietnam (GVN) entities regarding defense-related matters. In addition, the incumbent will coordinate with GVN officials to arrange in-country missions for the DAO; assist in the planning, execution, and evaluation of United States (US) bilateral and multilateral defense cooperation activities with Vietnam; research and analyze Vietnamese defense trends and developments using open source materials; and coordinate US Department of Defense (DoD) air and sea operations in and through Vietnam’s territorial airspace and waters.
Applicants must address each required qualification listed below with specific information supporting each item. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not qualified.
1. EDUCATION: A Bachelor Degree in English language, International Affairs, Politics or Economics is required.
2. EXPERIENCE: At least 4 years of working experience as a professional Vietnamese-English interpreter/translator is required.
3. LANGUAGE: Level 4 (Fluent) Speaking/Reading/Writing English is required (this will be tested). Level 4 (Fluent) Speaking/Reading/Writing Vietnamese is required.
4. SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
1) be able to read, speak, and write fluently in English and Vietnamese and to communicate accurately and effectively orally and in written form to a wide range of audiences.
2) be able to conduct research and analysis in order to acquire new technical vocabulary as needed.
3) be able to develop and maintain high-level working contacts. Must be personable and able to mingle easily with a range of individuals and in a variety of settings, and willing to make and develop contact with a range of USG and GVN officials, service providers, etc. as required without supervision.
4) be proficient in the use of Microsoft Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel programs. Must have excellent concentration skills in order to pace interpreting and ensure accuracy, understanding of–or ability to quickly develop understanding of–military, nautical, aviation, health and medical terminology, outstanding administrative and organizational skills.
5. JOB KNOWLEDGE: Must have or be capable of quickly developing knowledge of the Mission, its organization, and the main functions of its major sections, appropriate knowledge of the US and its culture, people, values, etc. Must have or be capable of quickly developing extensive and in-depth knowledge of the Vietnamese Government and its organizational structure, policies, legislation, ongoing developments, objectives, tendencies, problems, social systems, practices and issues etc. as well as its various relations with the U.S. Must have or be capable of quickly developing knowledge of US military issues, structure, etc.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please submit your DS-174 form (link to download is below), CV (in English) and your copies of Degrees and certificates that support the position’s educational requirement (required) to email address: firstname.lastname@example.org. Title: U.S Embassy_Translator_Candidate’s full name
Any question please contact Ms. Tram: 043.8265118
Download Form DS-174: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-ukPqr942bpWlFXeFBxbUROQlk/view
II. U.S.Embassy in Hanoi recruit Cultural Affairs Assistant