Job Number: 506780 | Vacancy Link
Locations: Asia and the Pacific: Viet Nam
Work Type : Internship
UNICEF works in 190 countries and territories to protect the rights of every child. UNICEF has spent 70 years working to improve the lives of children and their families. Defending children’s rights throughout their lives requires a global presence, aiming to produce results and understand their effects. UNICEF believes all children have a right to survive, thrive and fulfill their potential – to the benefit of a better world.
For every child, hope.
The UNICEF Internship Programme offers qualified and eligible students the unique opportunity to acquire direct practical experience in UNICEF’s work and the United Nations system under the direct supervision of experienced UNICEF staff.
Purpose of the internship:
Under the direct supervision of the Administrative Assistant, the Intern will provide support to the Admin Assistant and the Operations section.
- Assists in office transportation management by assigning vehicles to staff and ensure smooth functioning functioning of transport unit;
- Prepare and verifies reimbursement claims of costs (airport ticket/toll, taxi costs and others) for drivers and staff;
- Assists in verification of fare claim statements submitted by Travel Agents on monthly basis and arrange payment accordingly;
- Verifies detailed expenses and prepares for the payment of monthly office telephone invoices, includes timely recovery of personal telephone bills from the staff;
- Provide support for sending and receiving office pouch, mail packages and maintain records in file.
Management of office protocol services:
- Assists the arrangement of entry visa requests for staff who attend the training/workshops/meeting abroad;
- Processes visa requirements for visitors and consultants. Process visa requests from programme sections for participants of workshops organized by UNICEF;
- Maintains and update the visa monitoring sheet;
- Drafts routine correspondence, Note Verbale related for official visa requests;
- Performs any other duties related to administration as requested by the office.
Start date: 11 September 2017 – 30 November 2017
Duration: 12 weeks
- Be enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate degree programme in business or public administration, social sciences, education or related filed.
- Fluency in English and Vietnamese are required.
- Demonstrable proof of excellent academic performance.
- Demonstrable excellence in verbal, written and interpersonal communication in both English and Vietnamese.
- Knowledge of relevant computer systems and applications; excellent knowledge of MS Office is required.
- Previous relevant work or volunteer experience would be considered an advantage.
Notes: Applicants enrolled in an undergraduate school must have completed at least two years of full-time studies at a university or equivalent institution towards the completion of an undergraduate degree.
Working conditions: It should be noted that, while this is considered an unpaid internship position, a monthly stipend will be given to the selected intern.
How to apply?
This is a national position – All eligible Vietnamese are encouraged to apply. The following documents should be included in the application:
- P-11 Application form (UN Personal History Form) and a letter of interest;
- Proof of enrolment in an undergraduate or graduate programme;
- A recommendation letter (can be from employers, internships, university professor, etc.)
- Up-to-date university transcripts;
- Proof of medical and life insurance.
For every Child, you demonstrate…
Our core values are Commitment, Diversity and Integrity and our Core Competencies in Communication, Working with People and Drive for Results.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of our organization.
Opening Date Wed Aug 23 2017 09:00:00 GMT+0700 (SE Asia Standard Time) SE Asia Standard TimeClosing Date Sun Sep 03 2017 23:55:00 GMT+0700 (SE Asia Standard Time)