In 2016, 6 Degrees and the Institute for Canadian Citizenship (ICC) launched the 6 Degrees Junior Fellowship, creating a special opportunity for young leaders from around the world to make a change in their own community through the creation and implementation of projects on inclusion and citizenship.
The purpose of the 6 Degrees Junior Fellowship is to identify, select, and recognize young individuals who have made a clear commitment to fostering inclusion in their respective communities through groundbreaking projects. The fellowship lasts six months, during which fellows are expected to bring that project to fruition. Through the 6 Degrees Junior Fellowship, each fellow will receive a $2,000 CAD grant to provide material support for that project. They will also be invited to attend 6 Degrees Citizen Space 2017 in Toronto, with costs covered by 6 Degrees. During their time in Toronto, fellows will benefit from invaluable mentoring, networking, and project development opportunities.
As part of their fellowship, each 6 Degrees Junior Fellow will receive:
- An Inclusive Pass to participate in all sessions at 6 Degrees Citizen Space 2017 (September 25-27, 2017).
- All travel and accommodation costs related to participation at 6 Degrees Citizen Space 2017 in Toronto, Ontario, Canada.
- A $2,000 CAD grant to support their project.
The incoming cohort of 6 Degrees Junior Fellows will benefit from:
- Developing their leadership capacity in an environment that welcomes risk-taking and innovation;
- Celebrating the necessity for, and urgency of, inclusion in an unsettled age;
- Workshopping community projects under the guidance of 6 Degrees staff;
- Engaging with experienced mentors who are committed to equipping the next generation of leaders with the perspective necessary for success;
- Building their global professional network with like-minded peers who share their dedication to inclusion and citizenship; and,
- Participating in 6 Degrees Citizen Space 2017, a global hub connecting thinkers and doers who are committed to driving the global conversation on inclusion and citizenship.
As part of our commitment to inclusion, the 6 Degrees Junior Fellowship does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression, or marital status.
6 Degrees welcomes applicants from all backgrounds and fields, including active community members, artists, academics, policymakers, educators, and corporate professionals working on inclusion and citizenship.
Eligible Regions: Open for All
Applications should be submitted through online portal.
Application Deadline: August 14, 2017 (6 Days Remaining)