Do you want to create a more inclusive, fair and accessible employment market for young people? If yes, then apply now for the 2nd ASEF Young Leaders Summit (#ASEFYLS2) to shape the future.
With an unprecedented number of young people entering the labour market, societies across Asia and Europe must adapt to equip young people with the education and skills necessary to have financial independence and a life of dignity. Themed “Access to Youth Employment”, ASEFYLS2 is for young thinkers and doers with passion and ideas to tackle this challenge.
ASEFYLS2 will focus on 8 thematic areas linked to job-creation and inclusion: age; education; disability; finance; gender; location; social backgrounds; and technology. The project will also contribute to the implementation of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), in particular goals 4 (on education), 5 (on gender equality), and 8 (on decent work).
Together with speakers, panellists, and mentors, including top-tier policy-makers, thought-provoking academics, daring entrepreneurs and civil society advocates, ASEFYLS2 participants will:
- Meet leaders from governmets, businesses, academia and intergovernmental organisation
- Collaborate with fellow driven peers on youth employment
- Develop a critical and analytical mind-set to pursue questions beyond conventional takes
- Enhance and acquire practical skills useful for your academic, professional and personal life
- Share your questions and ideas directly with your ASEM Leader
No registration or participation fee. The organisers will provide participants with travel subsidy, accommodation and meals.
- Citizens of any of the 51 Asia-Europe Meeting (ASEM) partner countries
- Idea and action leaders ranging from students, academics to young professionals from all societal sectors
- Between the ages of 18 to 30 Strong command of English (written and verbal)
- Ready to actively participate in the 4-week online preparatory phase
Eligible Regions: ASEM Partner Countries
For us to consider your application please keep in mind the following steps:
- Submit the online application
- Keep an eye on the confirmation email upon your successful submission; if you do not receive it, it might have landed in your junk/spam folder
Application Deadline: March 20, 2017 (1 Day Remaining)